Wednesday, September 17, 2008



I flew to New York yesterday to do a speaking engagement. I was incredibly excited about the opportunity, I love being in front of an audience and sharing my message about leadership and taking responsibility for creating the life you want to live or the business you want to lead.

Due to a variety of reasons the night didn't quite go as I had planned. The acoustics in the room were off making it difficult for people to hear. I left feeling as though I had missed the mark and not connected with the audience. I was sad and dissapointed. Imagine my surprise this morning when I received the following e-mail from one of the participants.

I just wanted to say that I really was so encouraged, I would even dare say inspired, after hearing you speak last night. I have felt for a long time that life has controlled me and not vice versa. It was so eye opening to realize (once again) that our lives, and the paths we choose, are in our control…even though on some level we already know that. It was very refreshing, albeit somewhat unsettling to see how off-center we really are....I even signed up to take the next course on my ongoing voyage toward my CKD certification today, a direct result of your positive influence!

Carrie Brandstrom
Furniture Designer/Projects Manager
Mica Elegance/Elegant Interiors
Innovative Wholesale

Carrie's message touched me. It also reminded me that we are touching people even at times even when we feel like we aren't.

Thanks Carrie for the reminder.

No comments: